Winters are here to stay in North India for quite some time now. Soon we’ll be experiencing cold waves as well in the month of January. All this leads to my skin dehydrating and drying up. Today I’ll be reviewing a few skin-care products for the winter season from from one of my favourite brands called Biotique.
The following are the products that I ordered for myself:
- Biotique Bio Berberry
- Biotique Morning Nectar
- Biotique Bio Winter Cherry
- Biotique Bio Honey Gel
Biotique Bio Berberry :
- This hydrating cleansing lotion comes in a white, plastic transparent bottle with a green screw-on cap. Even though the cleansing lotion is not runny, but still, a pump dispenser at the top or tube packaging will make it easier to use. This bottle is accompanied by a sturdy outer carton which displays all the required information about the product.
- The key ingredients include Daur Haldi (Berberis aristata), Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Rakt Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus), Methi Trigonella foenum gracecum, Badamtail (Prunus amygdalus), Lotion Base Q.S.
- Product Description: This refreshing, non-foaming lotion is blended with berberry, red sandalwood, fenugreek, lodhra bark and almond oil to dissolve makeup and grime. Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
- The lotion is thick in consistency and can be easily applied on to the skin. It spreads and cleanses effortlessly.
- I like the fragrance which is a fruity-herbal one.
- For me it is a good option to use instead of face-washes during the winter months since it does the job without sucking all the moisture out.
- A 120 ML pack retails for INR 170/-
Biotique Morning Nectar:
- The moisturiser comes in a sleek white plastic bottle with a green screw cap which is sealed properly in order to avoid spillage. Previously, the bottle had a wide mouth for dispensing the liquid, resulting in a lot of wastage. Now, it has a tiny outlet for dispensing which is definitely an improvement. The outer carton has all the required information about the product.
- I had been hearing many good things about this lotion so I was looking forward to using it. To begin with its a really hydrating lotion which is perfect for dry skin and hence the coming winter season. The lotion is basically white in colour and has a divine herbal fragrance which I love. Since my skin is dry, I use it under my foundation while applying makeup.
- The key ingredients include Gehun seed, Kumari leaf pulp, Madhu, Badam seed oil, Mungfali seed oil, Kusumbhi seed oil & Purified water-Q.S.
- Directions to use:
Apply evenly over cleansed face and neck, morning and evening. Wear alone or under makeup.
- I would say its an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. Nourishes deeply and repairs skin as well as makes it soft and smooth.
- Organic, preservative free, cruelty free.
- It has a shelf life of 3 years and a 120 ml bottle costs INR 199/-
Biotique Bio Winter Cherry:
- Brand claims: It is a nourishing body lotion made of natural oil and plant extracts, it nourishes dry and dehydrated skin leaving it soft and youthful. Removes skin infection and blemishes.
- The packaging is typical of Biotique, it comes in a bottle with a tiny opening to dispense the product.
- The key ingredients include Surajmukhi tail (Helianthus annuus oil), Kusumbhi tail (Carthamus tinctorious oil), Sarsoan tail (Brassica nigra oil), Badam tail (Prunus amygdalus oil), Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Lotion base Q.S.
- Like all Biotique products it is natural, organic and cruelty free.
- The lotion is light pink in colour and has a thick & creamy consistency. Though its thick, it spreads and blends into the skin easily. The fragrance is ayurvedic and relaxing to the senses. It fades off after a while.
- It renders a warm and soothing effect on application and does hydrate dry skin.
- A 190 ML bottle retails for INR 180/-
Biotique Bio Honey Gel:
- It comes in an easy to use tube dispenser with all the required information about the product on the outer sticker.
- Product Description: This fresh-foaming, 100% soap-free gel is blended with pure honey and extracts from the bark of the arjun tree, euphorbia plant and wild turmeric. Dissolves makeup and impurities, softens skin and helps lighten the complexion.
- The consistency of the face wash is neither runny nor thick or creamy. Its light pink in color just like the color of the watermelon. It smells divine and lather easily without making my skin dry or rough.
- What is great is that it is 100% natural and without preservatives.
- A 50 ML tube costs INR 65/-
So guys if you too are looking for some hydrating skin-care products for these dry winters, you can check out Boutique’s entire range by clicking HERE