Winters are here!. The good news is you can flaunt your over-coats, jackets and high end boots with elan. I love wearing my oversized sweaters and furry coats. The best part is not having to deal with the heat and humidity of the summer months.The bad news is that the humidity levels tend to drop off in the autumn and winter months and takes a toll on your skin!. The drier the air, the more moisture it sucks from your skin, so you’re more likely to experience dryness and flakiness during the colder months of the year, especially if you’re prone to eczema or other dry skin conditions. Ideally, you want to rev up your skincare routine as the season changes and exchange your summer products for richer, more nourishing autumn/winter alternatives.
Personally speaking, my skin tends to de-hydrate during the winter months and I usually stock up on moisturisers and hydrating oils and creams. Recently I came across some interesting Body lotions & Oils from a brand called Kronokare and decided to give it a try. Kronokare claims to bring you a range of truly affordable, happily packaged products, which allow you to do good both to your skin and the environment. All Kronokare cosmetics are sulphate free, paraben free, silicone free and mineral oil free.
Here’s what I ordered for myself-
- NOURISH NOW – BODY LOTION ( Mediterranean Citrus )- 500 ML
- DAMAGE CONTROL – REPAIRING BODY OIL – 100 ML
NOURISH NOW – BODY LOTION ( Mediterranean Citrus )- 500 ML:
- The packaging of the product is on point. Since I ordered a 500 ml bottle for myself, I received it in a pump dispenser which is practical and easy to use. However because of the size its obviously not travel friendly.
- The key ingredients of this product are Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil
- It belongs to their aromatherapy range and comprises of essential oils which are good for your skin.
- It is Paraben-Free, Sulphate-Free, Silicon-Free and Mineral oil Free
- It has a shelf life of 2 years
- It has a divine fruity fragrance and since I’m quite fond of citrusy smells, this was a thumbs up for me
- The texture of the body lotion is smooth and it blends easily into the skin. It is not sticky or oily at all which is great.
- After having used it for 3-4 days, I can actually see the difference. My skin definitely feels more supple and hydrated.
- A 500 ML bottle retails for a price of INR 1095/- which is a bit expensive but I would say totally worth it!. In fact I’m going to incorporate this one in my daily skin-care routine.
DAMAGE CONTROL – REPAIRING BODY OIL – 100 ML:
- This Body Oil comes in a 100 ML bottle with a lid which does not make it spill proof and hence not very travel friendly. The outer sticker on the bottle displays all the required information about the product.
- What it claims: Stressful lifestyle tends to unbalance the skin functions, leading to some uneven tone, dull aspects, lost of elasticity, red patches. The skin needs a friendly environment to get its natural functions back in order. Combining the grapefruit, bergamot and Orange together, our massage oil layers the skin with a delicious cocktail of essential nutriments helping the skin to produce fresh and performing cells. Your skin gets truly unwind. A real break from the daily grind!
- The key ingredients include Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Citrus Sinensis (Orange Oil), Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit Oil), Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E Oil).
- The fragrance is pleasant and citrusy which I like
- It has a shelf life of 2 years
- Again it is a Paraben-Free, Sulphate-Free, Silicon-Free and Mineral oil Free product which I appreciate.
- Directions for use: Gently rub the massage oil onto dry skin. Taking your time, let your skin soak in the hydrating goodness. Relax, and enjoy the lightness of the oil. No rinsing necessary which is great.
- The oil is completely absorbed into the skin and is not sticky at all.
- My skin definitely felt hydrated after having applied it for a week. The complexion improved as well.
- A 100 ML bottle retails for INR 745/-
Check out the amazing range of Skin Care from Kronokare at www.kronokare.com 🙂