Can’t believe that Diwali is already over!. So the good news is that the good people at Vanity Cask have curated the October Box keeping in mind the changing weather conditions. They have worked towards creating a box that caters to every problem that your skin and hair might face during this time of the year.
As usual the packaging is luxe and gorgeous. I received my October goodies neatly kept inside a stunning bright pink satin bag which was kept in a black and pink VanityCask Box. The box itself is beautiful and comes with a magnet to shut it which is so convenient. These boxes are so sturdy that one can use them to store trinkets or makeup later on which is what I am going to do. It is also accompanied by a brochure which gives us the much needed information about the products kept inside.
Here’s what this months VanityCask contains:
- Biotique Morning Nectar Visibly Flawless Skin Moisturiser
- Votre White Essence Lightening & Brightening Day Moisturiser SPF 35 +++
- Mom’s Therapy Body Oil
- MCaffeine Hop Seed Caffeine Shampoo
- Thalgo Silicium Eye Cream
Biotique Morning Nectar Visibly Flawless Skin Moisturiser:
- I was happy to receive this product in my VanityCask as I have used this before and it is an effective one.
- The moisturiser comes in a sleek white plastic bottle with a green screw cap which is sealed properly in order to avoid spillage. Previously, the bottle had a wide mouth for dispensing the liquid, resulting in a lot of wastage. Now, it has a tiny outlet for dispensing which is definitely an improvement. The outer carton has all the required information about the product.
- To begin with its a really hydrating lotion which is perfect for dry skin and hence the coming winter season. The lotion is basically white in colour and has a divine herbal fragrance which I love. Since my skin is dry, I use it under my foundation while applying makeup.
- The key ingredients include Gehun seed, Kumari leaf pulp, Madhu, Badam seed oil, Mungfali seed oil, Kusumbhi seed oil & Purified water-Q.S.
- Directions to use:
Apply evenly over cleansed face and neck, morning and evening. Wear alone or under makeup.
- I would say its an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. Nourishes deeply and repairs skin as well as makes it soft and smooth.
- Organic, preservative free, cruelty free.
- It has a shelf life of 3 years and a 120 ml bottle costs INR 199/-
Votre White Essence Lightening & Brightening Day Moisturiser SPF 35 +++:
- I was introduced to Votre products via VanityCask and I have to say that their products never failed to impress me. They are very gentle and suitable for sensitive skin which suits me perfectly.
- What the brand Claims: This product is a lightweight moisturiser which minimises the visible appearance of dark spots, discoloration and improves skin radiance by providing a fair complexion. Natural form of Vitamin C helps promote collagen synthesis and help inhibit melanin production for a skin lightening effect. SPF 35 protects from the harmful effect of UV A & B ray.
- This one is a day cream and contains SPF 35 and PA+++. Also, it claims to brighten the skin as well.
- Key Ingredients include Licorice, vitamin C, wheatgerm oil, vitamin E, orange, radish, cranberry fruit extract, pomegranate
- I am really looking forward to using this and incorporating it in my beauty regime.
It retails for INR 2250/- for 50g (30g deluxe sample in box which is good enough)
Mom’s Therapy Body Oil:
- The skin comes dry and flaky with the onslaught of winters, hence a body oil is a great addition in the October Box.
- The packaging is sturdy. It comes in a strong bottle dispenser with a cap.
- It has a soothing fragrance of essential oils which is so desirable. In fact one can actually see herbs inside the oil as the container is transparent.
- What the brand claims: Mom’s Therapy _ Body Oil ensures a blemish free and smooth skin within few weeks of application. Get baby soft skin with pearl glow effect that will nourish and reward your skin from within. The valuable ingredients in this body oil provide intense nourishment and eliminate stubborn spots and marks, giving you a spotless free skin, making your skin softer and shinier than ever.
- Key Ingredients include: Coldpressed black sesame oil, vitamin E oil, essential oils
Price: INR 135/- for 50ml (The box has a full size)
MCaffeine Hop Seed Caffeine Shampoo:
- The packaging is sturdy, it comes in a pump dispenser and a close neck cap, making it pretty travel friendly.
- This caffeine infused shampoo from Caffeine contains hop seed extract, amla and hibiscus extract, vitamin E which sounds good.
- Brand Claims: This shampoo is designed for an active and natural lifestyle. It prevents hair loss occurring due to stress and air pollutants and penetrates deep into the hair roots and follicles, and encourages hair growth, resulting in voluminous and healthy looking hair. This sulphate free shampoo supports hair growth and fights itchy scalp, hair loss and other hair problems caused by chemicals. Vitamin E gives a natural shine to the hair, Hop Seeds and Hibiscus nourish your scalp and hair. It is Paraben free and not tested on animals.
- It is white in colour and has a pleasant fragrance & possesses a thick consistency.
- The only flip side is that it doesn’t lather much.
- It is SLS and Paraben Free
- It is not tested on animals and is hence cruelty-free
- It retails for INR 479/- for a 150 ml pack which is a bit expensive.
- I received a 50 ml pack in my VanityCask
Thalgo Silicium Eye Cream:
- It comes in a tiny little tube with a cap (since I received sample sizes) is quite travel friendly. You can easily slip it inside your hand-bag.
- It is a French luxury brand and I am looking forward to using these eye-cream samples (I received 3 samples of 2 ml each)
- Brand Claims: The ultimate lifting treatment, this Cream of Creams helps reshape and redefine the eye contour area and correct the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness for eyes that radiate youthful beauty!
- Key Ingredients include Hyaluronic Acid and Marine Silicium Complex, Meristotheca dakarensis and Jania rubens, Controlled-Release Caffeine, Yeast Extract, Marine Hyaluronic Complex
- Price of full sized product ranges from INR 3452/- to INR 5693/-
If you’ve enjoyed reading the review and would like to check out this month’s VanityCask, click HERE