@VLCC Lucknow to attend #VLCCstylestatements
Every individual in today’s day & age desires to look and feel great. Let’s face it, we’re living in a superficial world where external appearances make a world of a difference. Whether it’s an interview that you’re about to give or old friends/relatives you’re meeting up with or even randomly socialising…you do wish to look presentable. Besides the evolving urbanisation of our cities bring with its flip side as well like chopping off trees & greenery to make way for concrete jungles. The increased vehicular population has resulted in an elevated level of pollution resulting in a number of skin-related problems which need to be addressed by professionals. Here’s where VLCC or Vandana Luthra Curls & Curves steps in and comes to our rescue!. It not only addresses our beauty related issues but is actually a Wellness Centre which is well equipped with a gymnasium, slimming area and of course a beauty salon.
Recently I had the opportunity to visit VLCC’s Lucknow Centre for an Influencers Meet. It’s located in the heart of the city, opposite Saharaganj. The decor of the premises is aesthetically done. Friendly faces greeted me as I found my way inside. As soon as you enter, you will find the reception area on your left. The amazing wellness products that VLCC manufactures along with the high end range which it uses for various beauty treatments are displayed in the reception area. I met the Centre Manager as well as the Beauty Head and I have to say the staff is warm & welcoming and ready to help/counsel with whatever issues you might have.
I took a tour of the Centre and saw their gymnasium which was equipped with the latest machines and was well maintained. The Slimming area has state of the art technology and have a BMI Table, nutrition experts who also provide diet counselling.
In the weight-loss category they provide :
1. Ayurvedic Treatments
2. Coolsculpt : Coolsculpting is the most futuristic innovation in the field of body contouring from VLCC. This non-invasive procedure gets rid of unwanted fat cells with the help of state-of-the-art freezing technology. The cutting edge technology to get in shape.
3. DNA Slimming : Each of us has a unique DNA make-up which determines our propensity to gain or lose weight. It is this difference in the genetic structure which explains why two individuals enrolling for the same slimming package sometimes obtain different results from it even if their body composition, lifestyles, and dietary habits are more or less similar. DNA SLIMTM is a custom-fit solution and the answer for all those who have been seeking a scientific, individualized weight loss, weight reduction program that offers speedy, yet sustainable results.
I also attended a Demo and discussion on Hair Treatment, Nail Extension, Eyelash Extension, Body Contouring and Dermatological Services followed by a Q&A session with VLCC’s Beauty Expert Ms Sushmita Verma , who had flown in from Gurgaon especially for the event to help us get a better understanding of our beauty/wellness related problems. I got answers to a number of my skin related issues which some of you might have seen in the Live Session that I broadcasted on my Facebook ( do check it out if you missed out on it).
- We touched upon a number of topics- the most popular questions were related to skin-care and hair-care. I constantly suffer from acne and learnt that it is really not restricted to any age or gender and is governed by a number of factors like genes, hormones and lifestyle.
- Also we did touch upon some interesting facts like did you guys know that you can get a tan even while you’re indoors?.Yes you can!. The artificial lights that we use in our homes do give us a tan therefore we need to apply sunscreen even when we’re at home or indoors. There are specific hours during the day when we should be applying sunscreen. You should apply your sunscreen at 9 A.M first. Then re-apply it at 12 noon and then again apply it at 3 P.M so that your skin gets maximum protection against the sun.
- Another important revelation for me was the info I got about something called a Vampire Facial. The vampire facial, or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), involves extracting a couple of dessert spoons of a person’s own blood and spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the plasma – the fluid part – from the red and white blood cells. The concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets – the part of the blood rich with growth factors – is then applied on to the person’s face with a derma-roller. The results which I’m told are quite spectacular!.
VLCC products on display
Beauty Services that they offer:
Bride & Groom :
They provide gorgeous bridal makeup for brides & also help make the groom more stylish
DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is the molecule that determines and controls biological functioning. The human DNA sequence comprises of four principle chemical molecules (adenosine [A], thymine [T], cystosine [C] and guanine [G]) called nucleic acids. There are in total three billion nucleic acids linked together in one sequence that is unique to human beings.
The DNA sequence instructs our cells to produce proteins that carry various functions in the skin such as:
•Synthesis and degradation of collagen,
•Transport of water and glycerol in and out of cells,
•Synthesis of anti-oxidants that neutralise toxic free radicals,
•Carry out repair of DNA damaged due to UV radiation and more.
Introduction: variations in Human DNA Sequence
An interesting point to note is that the human DNA sequence is 99.9% identical across all human beings. The 0.1% variation in the sequence of human DNA is one of the major reasons of the variability that is observed in the physical traits and biological functioning of humans across the world. Variations in the human DNA sequence are a result of a natural process which takes place throughout our lifetime and across generations.
Since DNA is passed on from one generation to another, the DNA variations we carry could have been acquired by our parents, or our grand parents or even our great great grand parents. One of the most common variations found in the general population are known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs, pronounced as snips)
The Hair Thread is ideally a value add service for users undertaking Mesoscalp/Hair Autologous Stemcell or Hair PRP sessions. As a combination it will deliver superior results than a stand alone service. Hair PDO threads does not re-grow hair, it adds strength to the Hair follicle of the hair which is about to fall off, thus retaining the hair on the scalp. Hair PDO thread will not boost hair strength/growth in a scalp where there are no follicles and is naturally shiny/bald state
What is Hair PDO Threads: Hair PDO threads will boost strength and tensility of current hair. They are considered as catalyst to boosting hair growth naturally along with a mesoscalp, hair stem cell, hair PRP procedure.
•Minimally invasive procedure. A lunchtime procedure, with no downtime required.
•Visible results in 2-3 months, some clients might need a repeat in 3 months depending upon their response to the treatment.
•Results will last for 6-8 months.
Exceptions: Hair PDO cannot be done incase of the following Dandruff, Scalp eczema, Inflammed Scalp, Total Loss of Hair follicle, Alopecia Totalis.
Hair PDO threads does not re-grow hair, it adds strength to the Hair follicle of the hair which is about to fall off, thus retaining the hair on the scalp.Hair PDO thread will not boost hair strength /growth in a scalp where there are no follicles and is naturally shiny /bald state.
Enjoying the session..All ears 🙂
Make- Up adds to the overall personality of an individual. VLCC New Studio is yet another step in that endeavor, It is designed to go hand-in-hand with the needs and desires of today’s beauty conscious consumers.
Just For Men:
They also offer beauty/skin services for Men.
They also have a full-fledged Nail Bar and provide Gel/Acrylic Extensions with nail art
Regular Skin/Beauty Services:
Last but not the least they offer a host of regular beauty services
Based on my experience at VLCC, I think it truly lives up to its motto of – Transforming Lives as they have holistic approach towards attaining complete wellness solutions for their clients. I had a fruitful yet fun-filled afternoon at VLCC and I hope you guys have enjoyed reading about my experience as well as all the new & interesting facts related to Skin & Hair Care that I have shared with you. Lots of love… Shruti 🙂