Here’s What I received from Vedantika Herbals- Neem-Tulsi Shampoo, Skin Polishing Scrub, Anti-Ageing Mask & Instant Glow Mask
Finding roots in the pristine land of India some 5000 years ago, Ayurveda, the science of life and longevity, is the oldest healthcare system in the world and it combines the profound thoughts of medicine and philosophy. Ayurveda has always stood for the wholesome physical, mental and spiritual growth of humanity around the world. Today, it’s a unique, indispensable branch of medicine, a complete naturalistic system that depends on the diagnosis of your body’s humours – vata, pitta and kapha – to achieve the right balance. Those who practice Ayurveda believe every person is made of five basic elements found in the universe: space, air, fire, water, and earth.These combine in the human body to form three life forces known as doshas. They control how your body functions. They are Vata (space and air), Pitta (fire and water) and Kapha (water and earth). Everyone inherits a unique mix of the three doshas.
Ayurveda, which literally means the science of life is an ancient medical science which was developed in India thousands of years ago. Believed to have been passed on to humans from the Gods themselves, Ayurveda developed and evolved into what it is today from several ancient treatises, most notably Atharva Veda which dates back to five thousand years. The ancient Vedic literature by sages has clearly laid out instructions to maintain health as well as fighting illness through therapies, massages, herbal medicines, diet control and exercise. So when I had the opportunity to review authentic ayurvedic products by a company called Vedantika Herbals I decided to sample four of their beauty/skin-care related products.
While browsing through the website of Vedantika Herbals I came across the following info about the brand-
- Vedantika herbals, is a group of scientists & Researchers who provide the consumers with Innovative food products & authentic Ayurvedic products for complete Health & beauty Care.
- Vedantika Herbals believes in marrying the curative powers of Ancient Indian wisdom with modern technology to achieve natural yet cutting edge products.
- It is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 22000:2011 certified company
- Has received many awards for innovation in food products
The products that I tried out from Vedantika Herbals Include:
- Neem-Tulsi Shampoo
- Skin Polishing Scrub
- Anti-Ageing Mask
- Instant Glow Mask
Vedantika Herbals Neem-Tulsi Shampoo:
Vedantika Herbals Neem Tulsi Shampoo helps in curing scalp problems and reduces hair loss. The shampoo is a combination of natural ingredients like neem, tulsi, and aloe vera. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of the active ingredient of the shampoo help to heal and soothe itchy scalp and prevents dandruff. The shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp of dirt, excess oil and dead cells. It nourishes the hair shaft with nutrient and hair proteins. The shampoo deeply moisturizes each hair strand, making it soft and smooth. It restores the moisture level of the hair and scalp. The shampoo restores the essential oils of the scalp and hair. It repairs and strengthens the hair follicles and roots leaving a healthy and strong hair. The shampoo has cooling effect on the scalp. The shampoo gently gets rid of dandruff and leaves soft, manageable and lustrous hair.
- The first product from Vedantika Herbals that I sampled is their Neem- Tulsi Shampoo. I have been using it now for a week & I have to say that it does address the hair related problems that most of us encounter throughout the year.
- It is a light green gel like liquid which comes in a 200 ML bottle. The packaging is simple yet it provides the consumer with all the required information before purchasing.
- It is definitely a mild shampoo which is great for me since I have sensitive skin. On application it lathers up easily and is quite effective in removing the dirt, excess oil & grime from the hair without actually de-hydrating the scalp.
- Also I noticed that it helped me to get rid of itchiness in the scalp since it has antiseptic & antibacterial properties.
- The light-green gel-like shampoo turns neutral in colour once poured onto the surface of your palm. The aroma is quite natural/herbal, it smells a lot like tulsi.
- I enjoyed using it during these sultry summers as it gives a cooling effect on application.
- The main ingredients of the shampoo include Neem Oil, Tulsi Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Jatamansi, Honey, Shikakai & Spring Water.
- It has a shelf life of 24 months and is quite pocket friendly. A 200 ML bottle of this shampoo will cost you only Rs 185!
- P.S – I would recommend a conditioner once you’ve shampooed your hair
The next product I tried is Vedantika Herbals Instant Glow Mask :
Vedantika Herbals Instant Glow Mask brings all the goodness of nature in one pack. The mask is good for all types of skin. It makes the skin brighter and fairer within minutes. Multani mitti (fullers earth) deeply cleanses clogged pores and purifies the skin. Tulsi with its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties keeps the skin germ, bacteria and infection free and prevents acne and pimple reoccurrence. Sandalwood relaxes and soothes tired and dull skin. It slows down the ageing process. Nutmeg fades out acne/pimples marks leaving the skin clear and fresh. The glow mask locks the moisture of the skin cells and deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin. It reinvigorates and rejuvenates the skin. The face mask instantly makes the skin smooth, firm and youthful. For a radiantly glowing skin treat yourself with Vedantika Herbals Instant Glow Mask.
- The instant glow mask comes in a 70 gm bottle with a screw cap. It comes in powder form. The colour & texture of the powder reminds you of sandalwood.
- It smells a lot like camphor, however since it is herbal in nature, it does not lead to any irritation.
- The main ingredients include Sympiocos Racemosa, Ocimum Sanctum, Berberis Aristata, Cinnamomum, Camphora, Myristica Fragrans, Santalum paniculatum, Rosa Centifolia & Fullers Earth.
- Directions for Use- Take 1 tea spoon powder. Soak in rose water for few minutes, add honey and make a paste. Apply it on your face and neck. Let is dry for few minutes then wash off with water.
- The powder isn’t very smooth and has grain-like particles which act as a good scrub while washing it off. I did feel a soothing & cooling effect on my skin after I had washed it off which so great during summers. Must have been due to the camphor present in it. It did render a hint of glow to my skin post application.
- A bottle of 70 gm costs merely Rs 185. You need to store this instant glow pack in a cool place & it has a shelf life of 14 months. The packaging of the product again is very basic, similar to all Vedantika Herbals beauty products.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading my review of Vedantika Herbals. I will be trying out their Skin Polishing Scrub & Anti- Ageing Mask soon and will give you my report card accordingly. Until then, stay beautiful 🙂