It is imperative that we inculcate an effective daily skin & hair -care routine in order to ensure that our skin remains flawless & relatively problem-free. Our skin and hair go through the rigours of pollution, dust and unpredictable weather conditions on a daily basis. Thus our saviour can only be good & high quality skin-care products that can be trusted. Half the battle is won once we identify & incorporate effective products in our beauty regimen. Well, you know how much I love trying out & sampling newbies in the beauty market so that I can review them for you guys, in one such quest of mine, I found Biotique and decided to sample some of their products.
Here’s what Biotique claims:
- A passion for quality and sustainability. The promise of naturally-derived Ayurvedic beauty, advanced by scientific expertise.
- Our mission is to satisfy the diverse beauty needs of customers and cultures who seek natural beauty products that are as effective as they are environmentally responsible.
- Today, Biotique personifies the ultimate in authentic Indian traditional medicine, advanced by cutting edge Swiss biotechnology—a beauty legacy built on product purity, sustainability, universality, pioneering research, development and manufacturing for over 25 years.
- Biotique treatments do not cover up problems—they eliminate them. With 100% natural botanicals. No chemicals. No preservatives. No animal testing. All in eco-friendly and recyclable packaging. Dermatologist Tested For Safety
Intrigued by what I read on their website, I ordered the following products:
- Morning Nectar Visibly Flawless Skin Moisterizer
- Bio Apricot Refreshing Body Wash
- Bio Green Apple rest Daily Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner
- Bio Almond Oil Nourishing Body Soap
- Bio Basal & Parsley Revitalising Body Soap
Morning Nectar Visibly Flawless Skin Moisturiser:
- The moisturiser comes in a sleek white plastic bottle with a green screw cap which is sealed properly in order to avoid spillage. Previously, the bottle had a wide mouth for dispensing the liquid, resulting in a lot of wastage. Now, it has a tiny outlet for dispensing which is definitely an improvement. The outer carton has all the required information about the product.
- I had been hearing many good things about this lotion so I was looking forward to using it. To begin with its a really hydrating lotion which is perfect for dry skin and hence the coming winter season. The lotion is basically white in colour and has a divine herbal fragrance which I love. Since my skin is dry, I use it under my foundation while applying makeup.
- The key ingredients include Gehun seed, Kumari leaf pulp, Madhu, Badam seed oil, Mungfali seed oil, Kusumbhi seed oil & Purified water-Q.S.
- Directions to use:
Apply evenly over cleansed face and neck, morning and evening. Wear alone or under makeup.
- I would say its an excellent moisturiser for dry skin. Nourishes deeply and repairs skin as well as makes it soft and smooth.
- Organic, preservative free, cruelty free.
- It has a shelf life of 3 years and a 120 ml bottle costs INR 199/-
Bio Apricot Refreshing Body Wash:
- I quite like the sturdy packaging of this body wash. Biotique Bio Apricot Refreshing Body Wash comes in a cylindrical plastic bottle with green screw-on cap. The bottle is sturdy and leakage-proof and is hence travel friendly.
- The body wash is a bright pinkish-orange colour and possesses a fruity fragrance which is delightful.
- It has a runny gel-like consistency and unlike other body washes does not leave the skin dry and de-hydrated.
- Once I take a generous amount on my loofah and apply it on my skin,it lathers up and cleanses the skin well without dehydrating it. After its usage, my body feels clean, soft and refreshed. I follow it up with a good moisturiser and I’m good to go.
- Key Ingredients include Khubani (Prunus armeniaca), Banhaldi (curcuma aromatica), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Ritha (Sapindus mukorossi), Kuda (Holarrhena antioysenteric), Himalayan water Q.S.
- It has a shelf life of 3 years. A 190 ml bottle costs INR 180/- which is value for money.
Bio Green Apple rest Daily Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner:
- It comes packaged in a regular cylindrical transparent plastic bottle with a green cap which is sturdy but I really wish it had a pump as it would have made it more convenient to use. The bottle however is travel friendly and easy to carry around.
- It is has a bright green colour similar to that of green apple. The consistency is medium that is neither too thick nor too runny. It spreads evenly even on oiled hair and lathers up for effective cleansing.
- The fragrance is that of green apple which I quite like as fruity fragrances lift up your mood instantly.
- It helps to remove the dust & grime of the day from my hair without actually robbing it of its essential oils or drying it up. My hair definitely felt softer and shiny after use.
- Also what is great is the fact that you don’t need a conditioner after applying since its both a shampoo & a conditioner.
- They key ingredients include hinai Ghas (Gelidium amansii), Manduk parni (Centella asiatica), Shikakai (Acacia concinna), Ghritkumari (Aloevera. barbadensis), Seb (Pyrus malus), Badam tail (Prunus amygdlaus oil), Nariyal tail (Cocos nucifera oil), Himalayan water Q.S.
- It is best suited for those with oily hair
- It is preservative-free, SLS free & Paraben free
- It has shelf life of 3 years and quite pocket-friendly. A 120 ml bottle costs merely INR 99/-
Bio Almond Oil Nourishing Body Soap:
- I like the packaging of this soap. It is sealed in a plastic cover which is then kept inside a sturdy outer carton which display all the information about the soap.
- It is clear white bar of soap which almost smells musk-like.
- The key ingredients are Coconut oil, Arandi Oil, Neem Oil, Badam Tail, Ban Haldi Oil, Haldi Tuber, sugar, Cleanser base, Purified water-Q.S. This clear soap is blended with nourishing almond, margosa and coconut oils, mixed with tumeric and wild turmeric & hence claims to gently wash away body impurities, without disturbing the skin’s natural pH balance.
- On application it did help to cleanse my skin and that too without drying it up. So I would recommend it to those with dry skin.
- Also what is great is that it has preservative-free ingredients and no animal testing is done.
- A 75 gm bar costs INR 50/-
Bio Basal & Parsley Revitalising Body Soap:
It comes in a dark green cardboard box which displays the required information like the product claims, date of expiry, price etc. The soap is wrapped in an additional plastic film.
The soap possesses a floral scent which I found a bit strong for my liking.
Biotique Bio Basil & Parsley Revitalizing Body Soap contains basil, parsley, margosa or neem, wheatgerm & coconut oil for hydration so that the skin does not get dry up like it usually does after bathing with a soap.
It does complete the task of cleansing the skin without drying it up and would suit anybody with normal-dry skin.
A 75 gm bar costs INR 50/- only
I hope you found this review useful, would love to know your thoughts. If you would like to shop at Biotique just click HERE