Sunshield, Skin Logix & Sulphate Free Shampoo from Richfeel
Scheduled vacation plans and the thought of buying a new swimwear will mentally prepare you for summer, but your skin may need some help getting ready too, considering the fact that we’re experiencing sultry summers in India as of now. In order to make sure that you have flawless, smooth skin & hair during summer months you need to venture out and try some effective skin & hair-care products which will give you respite from the side-effects of harsh UV Rays and the atmospheric humidity.
The most important product that you need to invest in is a good Sunscreen for your skin so that it is protected from the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun. Recently, I tried out a sunscreen from Richfeel called Sunshield:
- It comes with SPF 30 and provides a broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection for all skin types.
- The cream is light-weight & easy to apply. On application, it easily penetrates into the skin.
- It is a triple action formula- it not only a sunscreen but also acts a fairness cream and a moisturiser. I tried it on my skin for a week and the results were visible, I could see my skin tone becoming lighter as well as my dark spots were reduced. Moreover I did not experience dryness on my skin. On several occasions, I have mixed Sunshield with my foundation and have used it as a base for my makeup.
- The SPF 30 in the sunscreen isolates the sun’s harmful UV rays and also helps to prevent pre-mature ageing.
- I quite like the packaging of the product. It comes in a handy orange tube which is easy to carry in your handbag or while travelling.
- It’s quite pocket-friendly as a tube of 100 gms costs only Rs 299.
How to use–
Fifteen minutes prior to stepping outdoors, apply your Sunshield evenly and generously over face and other areas of skin that might be exposed to the sun. Re-apply as needed (every 3 to 4 hours) for your carefree and active lifestyle.
Another product that I sampled from Richfeel is their Skin Logix advanced night repair serum with rice protein:
- If you’re looking for a flawless complexion, it is imperative that you take proper care of your skin. During the night when we’re asleep, that is the time when our skin repairs itself & cell renewal is at its peak . Therefore I always incorporate a good night serum in my beauty regimen. The one from Richfeel called Skin Logix seems to be quite promising as it not only restores the skin but also reveals a fairer complexion.
- It comes in a 25ml bottle which is accompanied by a dropper. So you basically need to take out the serum with the help of the dropper and then apply it on your face. It is quite convenient to use when you’re at home, although can’t say much about its portability while travelling. The use of a dropper is good as it keeps the hygiene quotient high, however, I would prefer a pump dispenser since the serum is semi-thick in texture.
- It is an off-white serum with semi-thick texture that is smooth and soft. It is easily absorbed into my skin within seconds. It is an effective serum and would suit combination to oily skin types.
- I also feel it helps in keeping my acne under control, helps to reduce dark patches & helps to achieve an even skin tone.
- A bottle of 25ml costs Rs 249 which is quite cost effective since you only need a small amount every night. Only 2-3 drops per application are sufficient, so it is probably one of the cheapest serums available.
How to use-
Apply on clean skin before you go to bed. Apply a drop or two on each fingertip of one hand, touch fingertips of the both hands together, massage serum over face and neck, starting at the centre, outward. Repeat if necessary. For best results, use in combination with Balancing Day Cream.
Richfeel’s Sulphate Free Shampoo
Sulphates can potentially wreak havoc on your tresses. There are a number of negative effects that sulfates can cause to your hair shaft, follicles, and scalp:
- Dry hair and scalp-Since Sulphates rob your hair of all the natural oils on your scalp, it leaves your hair and scalp dryer than normal.
- Scalp irritations- Sulfates have the potential to worsen dandruff and eczema. Also, they also leave your scalp feeling tight and irritable.
- Hair loss. Sulfates corrode and damage your hair follicles, which leads to hair loss. This becomes even more pronounced if you do not rinse shampoo out of your hair properly.
Therefore keeping the above in mind I was looking for a sulphate-free shampoo and decide to give Richfeel’s Sulphate Free Shampoo a try:
- On application, it does not lather as much as the other shampoos probably because of the fact that its sulphate-free.
- It did not de-hydrate my scalp and it felt soft and fresh on cleansing.
- My hair does feel softer, more moisturised and hydrated.
- It did leave a certain amount of gloss to my mane.
- I quite like the packaging, it comes in an easy to use bottle of 220 gms for a price of Rs 225 which is quite economical.
How to use-
While showering, work a small amount of the shampoo into your scalp, massaging gently with your finger-tips for a full minute. Rinse thoroughly.
A special mention for the beautifully packed hamper that arrived at my place containing all the products from Richfeel
About Richfeel :
The journey of Richfeel started with two visionaries Dr. Apoorva Shah and Dr. Sonal Shah, India’s first certified trichologists. In 1986, they ventured into the profession of hair and scalp care treatments and pioneered the science of Trichology in India. At a time when India was witnessing a revolution in health care, Dr. Apoorva and Dr. Sonal Shah chose to pioneer the Richfeel Trichology Centre, India’s first and only chain of hair and scalp clinics. Starting with a humble beginning of salon-based consulting, the focus on research, expertise and results led Richfeel to expand into a chain of hair and scalp clinics – spread all over the country and successful treatments for over a million hair lines. It has also been the hair care partner for Femina Miss India Pageant for over a decade and the preferred hair care destination of celebrities like actors, cricketers, models, stylists, designers and common people. You can check out their products by clicking HERE.
See you soon with another amazing brand. Ciao 🙂